I know I'm a little late in responding, but on June 30th, Whitney and John at Brown Sugar Design tagged me! Apparently, I'm supposed to list 8 facts about myself, and then tag 8 other bloggers... I think I have to fulfill the latter requirement later on...
1. I've always wanted to be an artist. In fact, I found a worksheet that I did when I was in the first grade. It was one of those fill-in-the-blank worksheets that you do in school, and then draw a picture... Well, mine said: "When I grow up, I want to be a(an) artist." I keep that worksheet with me to remind me of what I do all this for.
2. I trained as an illustrator, and am self-taught as a designer.
3. I've been painting in oils since I was 10. =) The smell of oil paint gets me high.
4. My favorite place in the world (besides New York City) is Florence, Italy. I studied there for 4 months in college, met my husband there -- who was studying with me -- and have been back twice since. Dave has actually banned me from going back for a while because I'm so addicted, I would choose Italy over almost every other place in the world... even though I'm in love with traveling.
5. I can't sit on a beach for more than a day. I get bored. So if we go on a vacation, it has to be somewhere interesting and invigorating to the senses. Traveling has to inspire me.
6. I love making things that are different. I think this goes back to the fact that I've always been different. I never wanted to dress like everyone, follow trends, be in the popular click. I think I was always on my own, making my own waves -- and so that's what my stationery is. Well researched, beautiful, cultured, fashionable, timeless, different, and never what you'll see anywhere else.
7. I'm terrible at constructing my own 3-dimensional things. I may get the artsy part, but I've never had that crafty part! LOL... So I recruit my industrial design husband when I need to construct.
8. I think if I had the money to spend, I would never be able to stop myself from buying beautiful things for myself and my loved ones. I've always loved beautifully constructed clothes, furniture, and art. Sigh...
Ok, I'll come back and tag people later...