Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hot in the City!

It is HOT in NYC! At least it was today. In the 80's and steamy. Which was great outside, but lousy in our Brooklyn apartment where my workspace is. Ah well. Hopefully my MacBook will be back soon from Tekserve and I'll be able to get out and about.

It's an exciting weekend for designers coming up here in New York. First we have the
ICFF -- the International Contemporary Furniture Fair -- which begins tomorrow at the Javitz Center. Dave -- my husband and resident amazing product designer -- and I like to attend this every year. It's a great display of furniture, fixtures, accessories, and textiles from around the world. A truly remarkable show. We meet up with some friends there, go to some parties... It's a real blast. I'll be sure to take some pictures and post them up on here over the weekend.

Starting Sunday the 20th, the
Stationery Show also takes over a wing of the Javitz Center. This is my first year in official attendance (I used to sneak in the side doors every year while they were setting up to see friends who were displaying!). But I'm pretty excited to go this year, as it's also my first year as a professional business owner in the industry. I'll be there on Monday the 21st, meeting some other designer friends and virtual friends of mine, and then heading out to dinner with some. Again, I'll take some pictures and post them up as soon as possible.

No comments: