Thursday, November 8, 2007

pretty plates

since we're moving soon -- hopefully! -- i have been very involved in looking at home design and furniture. but the one thing that i KNOW i need is a new set of everyday plates. my set, used for a mere 2 years now, is completely chipped and cracked. they're too easy to break, and it's very frustrating!

so, because of this, any plates we get from now on need to be very strong and virtually unbreakable. at first i thought of fiestaware, but they're just a bit boring for us. so i went to corelle. since they've been running fun ads lately with their new designs, these dishes might be just the ticket.

check out a few of the styles below. predictably, i'm partial to the red paisley print. =)



4 comments:

Sarah Dennis said...

Hi Nicole, I'm visting your blog via Oh Happy Blog! I'm so glad I stopped by. Congrats on your recent wedding and on the launch of NicEvents!

I just wanted to make a suggestion regarding your quest for "pretty plates". I can see that you like Corelle but if you're looking for durabilty - - - bone china is the way to go! I know when you hear "china" you think "fragile" but bone china is stronger and more translucent than the basic porcelain. It is fired at high temperatures, it is thin, lightweight, and durable!

Lenox, in my opinion, makes some of the best dinnerware and they are introducing a new line called Simply fine and it has a more casual flare. I invite you to check out my post, I spotlighted one of their newest patterns, chirp and I think you'll love it: http://toastandtables.blogspot.com/2007/10/bird-is-word-in-tableware-lenox.html

Nicole Block said...

Hi Sarah! Thanks so much for visiting the site -- happy to have you. I love Toast and Tables!

I'll have to take a look at the plates you posted here. Thanks for the reference!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole, The plates are very pretty I must say. Not to mention durable for everyday use. I am a graphic designer like you and am also looking at starting my own home accessory line (for the lack of choices from where I live). Since Im a big fan of white plates, I am designing printed placemats both in paper and fabric that would contrast with the whites. You might want to look into that as well and perhaps even design your own plates! Your work is really great and insipiring.

Nicole Block said...

applejuice, aren't you sweet?! thank you so much for the lovely comments on my work.

like the rest of my current planning for the design of my new apartment, i'm completely unsure of what i want to do for these dishes! so i'll definitely take your cue on the placemats. and maybe someday i'll design my own! i'd love to see your accessories when they're ready.